Introducing: The Jupiter Program 💫
Announcing Galileo’s Jupiter Program: a program for all women from Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) backgrounds who aspire to lead early-stage tech startups as founders, builders or operators.
The untapped potential of women in STEM as leaders in tech startups is undeniable.
The Jupiter program aims to address the gender gap in startup leadership and cultivate more role models for future STEM Women, by:
- Providing an inclusive and collaborative STEM community
- Offering targeted workshops on technology, product and startup development so women are as well equiped as male start-up leaders
- Increasing the number of STEM-qualified women to lead early-stage tech startups
💫 About the Jupiter program
The Jupiter program is tailored to allow STEM women to harness their existing strengths, provide insights into the startup landscape, connect you with the tech world, and foster collaboration with other exceptional STEM women.
In this program, you will...
✨ Collaborate in a Peer-Learning Community
Dive into the 0-1 phase of building an early-stage business, learn the art of fundraising, and refine executive skills within a supportive peer-2-peer group learning environment. Be both an inspiration and inspired!
✨ Harness Real-World Wisdom
Hear from trailblazing women in STEM who lead tech companies and product teams. Including executive coaching workshops to become an effective executive 🧳. Discover what it takes to soar as an industry leader. 💪
✨ Tap into Expertise
Gain insights from subject matter experts in technical briefings on topics such as Artificial Intelligence, product analytics, and the latest cutting-edge technologies.
📅 Key Dates and Info
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Skill Level: Introductory course, no prior startup experience needed
- Location: Remote (Virtual) on AEST with local in-person community events. Open to women to all STEM Women in Australia and beyond.
- Application Deadline: Friday, October 31st, 2023
- Program Start Date: Tuesday November 7th, 2023
- Program End Date: Friday, December 1st, 2023
- Cost: $700 AUD | We offer early bird pricing of $500 for the first 20 spots.
- First cohort size: 50
The program will be delivered remotely with sessions scheduled outside of standard business hours every Tuesday early evening and Friday lunchtime.
Each week, 4 hours of sessions is scheduled, totalling 16 hours over 4 weeks.
The program includes:
- Topic Workshops: Every Tuesday from 5-8 pm (3 hours.)
- Guest Speakers: Friday Lunchtime 12:30-1:30 pm (1 hour) with recorded session
- Peer-to-peer group learning and discussion
- Technical briefings
- Executive training workshops
- An inclusive STEM community
👩🏽💻Who is this for?
The Galileo Jupiter Program is an introductory course for Women in STEM* fields looking to become:
- Future founders of technology startups
- Future operators looking to lead teams within startups
- Future product builders using technology to solve big problems
- Interested in learning about tech entrepreneurship and what it is all about
*STEM fields include; Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
About Galileo Ventures
Galileo Ventures is an up-and-coming Aussie VC firm that backs exceptional emerging founders changing the world with totally new technology. We specialise in investing and supporting first-time founders, in their first round, building their first high-growth technology company from all walks of life.
We like to say ‘first-time, first-round is our investment rule, not exception’.
Part of Galileo’s mission is to increase inclusion and participation within the technology sector.
Galileo has made 18 investments to date with 40% of our investments backing women founders and tech CEOs.