Showcasing Galileo’s first 8 investments
At the end of June, nearly 400 people tuned in from around the world to watch the first Galileo Founder Showcase.
Our first group of founders and their 8 companies presented. We have been working with these companies since September 2020, and we broadcasted live from a Melbourne watch party at Revolver Lane and from our houses during lockdown.
We decided to do something slightly different with the format with a pre-recorded pitch, you can watch each pitch here, followed by a live Q&A with the founders – all hosted on one of our portfolio companies, Lemonade.
While purely virtual pitch events are hard to keep engaging we found our hybrid approach to be quite fun to do, if not a lot of work behind the scenes to make it all seamless.
The community feedback has been awesome. “ Best pitch event seen to date” and “a refreshing take on early stage investing from Australia” were common themes in our post-event survey from the community. We’re going to keep this ‘live stream first’ approach going forward so that anyone has the opportunity to join.
The founders at Showcase 20201
- AllyAssist, a leading disability-assistance platform, bringing a new workforce of therapy assistants to people with disabilities, providing over 30,000 hours of therapy already.
- Lemonade, a new social commerce platform for creators, attracting over 1,800 creators and global users from NGOs, boutique businesses to large brands
- RelevanceAI, an under 25 yr old founded AI platform enabling businesses to unlock their qualitative data, already amassing over 3 million end users and growing fast.
- Sizle, helps teams create and share mission-critical documents more safely and effectively. Over 11,000 users from over 100 countries rely on Sizle.
- Space Services, combining technology used in games and advanced simulation software to help engineering teams make complex space simulations in minutes, not months.
- Tixel, Australia’s leading ticket resale marketplace, by the fans for the fans. Over 500,000 fans use tixel in Australia and now in UK and US.
- Varicon, a cost management platform for construction contractors providing critical data in realtime for project managers. With over $130m worth of projects on the platform and some of the leading civil contractors as early adopters of the platform.
- Wriveted, a mum-founded AI-based book recommender for kids called Huey. Already signing on schools, libraries and families and have already made over 50,000 book recommendations for kids to boost literacy rates.
A BIG THANK YOU to all the community and investors who tuned in, to our incredible program coaches and, of course, our founders who keep kicking goals.
If you’re an emerging founder with big ambition that is raising your first round, apply now to Galileo and be part of our next Founder Showcase!