We're hiring: Galileo Technology Writer (Freelance)
Calling all freelance writer(s) who have a passion for technology, startups, and exceptional writing skills!
So far at Galileo, we’ve been heads down, focused on generating outcomes worth writing about. We’re finally ready to start telling some of the stories and as such, we’re on the lookout for freelance tech writer(s) to join the Galileo team.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating engaging and informative content related to the Galileo portfolio, announcements, and the latest trends and developments in the tech industry.
Galileo Ventures is one of the most active early-stage venture capital funds in Australia. We’re on a mission to partner with top emerging first-time founders building the world’s most impactful startups.
Founded by a (young and diverse) team of operators, Galileo invests across all sectors, backing founders with product vision, customer insight, and a keen instinct for brand building. You can see more about us on our website.
What makes us different is:
- We invest in exceptional emerging founders at a stage most institutional venture capital funds won't.
- We write $200-500k+ cheques to give our teams a proper chance to succeed.
- We support our companies through unique post-investment support backed by our global program coaches and industry guests.
- We have no gatekeepers and we confidently lead investment rounds.
- We use and create technology to help us scale and provide a better experience for founders.
- We're the youngest fund, with young LGBT-identifying partners and a strong diversity focus.
- Conduct research and write articles, blog posts, and other content related to technology and innovation.
- Collaborate with the Galileo team to develop new content ideas and ensure the timely delivery of assignments.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest tech news and trends to produce fresh and relevant content, often talking about topics before it will hit mainstream press!
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re a writer, editor, and curator at heart with proven experience as a tech writer, with a portfolio or published articles and blog posts.
- Maybe you run content for a startup or do marketing for a big company. Maybe you’ve been a founder who loves to write on the side. Maybe you’re starting off your journalism or writing career but want to explore a different way of applying your skill set.
- You understand storytelling and narrative hooks, and you know a catchy idea when you hear it.
- You have a passion for technology and startups - You keep up with the latest tech news and are excited about emerging companies and their products. You love to dive deep into technical details and can explain complex concepts in a way that’s easy for others to understand.
- You’re a creative and critical thinker and problem solver - You’re not afraid to take risks and try new things. You can come up with unique angles and ideas for stories, and you’re always looking for ways to improve your writing and content creation skills.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Please advise your expectations in the application (typical cost is fine, we understand some pieces can be more complex!).
How to apply:
👉🏾 Apply via our form here.
Please note, you will need to login to your Gmail to submit an application. If you have any issues submitting your application, please reach out to Luddy at email@example.com.